When we decided to spend our lives together, we knew a certificate or ceremony was not important to us, but for the sake of the family and to avoid unpleasant never ending arguments in society, we got hitched the traditional way.
What makes us tick??? A heart that pumps blood, a brain that sometimes functions well and a deep rooted attraction for the mental, physical and spiritual constitution of the other half. What makes the attraction last forever???
- Making a list of non-negotiable traits before taking the plunge (for some cheating or dishonesty may not be a big deal, while for others it will destroy a relationship, make your own list of things you can not live with and say goodbye if the other does not agree ). Once you agree on morality and a lifestyle and choices, you have it made. All other things/ qualities are secondary and a bonus.
- Focusing on the other’s good points.
- The biggest gift of all is time, make time for each other, which is exclusive.
- Not teaching each other swimming, driving or how to play a musical instrument.
- Not sharing a washroom in the morning if you both have to leave at the same time for work.
- Allowing the other person to pick a vacation spot/ movie/ hotel allows you both to really enjoy yourselves.
- Pampering the other on a birthday, anniversary and….on every day you are together.
- Doing things for the first time on each anniversary ( we went kayaking last year and took a helicopter ride to the Kedarnath temple in the Himalayas, while both were strapped in the front seat next to the pilot).
- Spending 2 days exclusively with each other at least once a year ( a child will have to be taken care of by the grandparents, which they and the child will enjoy).
- Teasing each other, flirting and laughing together.
- Never abusing each other/ fighting in public or in front of your child.
- Telling each other every single day that you love each other and are in the relationship out of choice, not compulsion.
- Making each other’s fantasies come true (yeah, about that, if they love you they would want something you both long for).
- Make your voice heard, you are an intelligent, unique human being who is more interesting because you do disagree.
- Doing everything with all your energy and passion…be it an argument, a fight, showering love and affection…be uninhibited with each other.
- Life is too short…walk out if you are in a abusive relationship or are unhappy……Cheers to whatever life we all have left 🙂 Do NOT marry a man because ‘nobody understands him, he’s lonely and he has nobody in his life but you’……You are not his mother, do not try to improve his life or change him. Some other woman may be unfortunate enough to accept him and be content to mother him…….. Please so not make the mistake of pitying a person and being with them. Do not try to change yourself for anybody. There will be plenty of people who need and want you….at any rate, you should want yourself the way you are. For those who are bored or dissatisfied with a relationship….end it before cheating with someone else. Remember, if they cheat with you, they will cheat on you too……Most importantly, do not listen to me, I was lucky to meet a great person who is perfect for me….I take no credit for it. When my guy proposed, I wrote him a letter listing all my awful traits. He read through it seriously, then said…’You have left out so many’!!!. He ran before the vase hit him….Choose the one who wants the wicked and crazy in you, that’s what makes life fun. Do not compromise, fall in love, it is all right if you make blunders, it is not worth it to settle down just because you feel it is the ‘right time’. It;s wonderful to share the secrets of your soul with your mate (all passwords included)….but it’s vital to enjoy your own company and be complete in yourself.
Click here if the image slider / comments don't load