The internet is amazing, though it has it’s advantages and disadvantages. None of us are perfect, we continue to learn till our last breath. There are stages of being on social media, no matter what age or level of maturity we have….(this applies to the majority of the human population, not the saints or the demons!)….
- Stage 1–Oooh, I have a friend request, how nice! Let me send some of these happy moments to the people I know…and the people they know 🙂
- Stage 2–Hmm, people are not what they seem on the surface, maybe I should be more cautious.
- Stage 3–What the Hell !!! Who are these people? how did I not see that they would be like this!!! Time to unfriend a few….wait, let me see how to do that.
- Stage 4–all problems solved–There is a wonderful feature–the Block option!!
Be careful—be very careful….be paranoid. Children are especially susceptible, they are naturally good and innocent and predators know precisely what to say and do to win them over. While we imagine we are all unique, most humans are prone to ‘appreciation’ and respond well to undue attention. What you need to know before you chat and use the ‘awesome’ free video calls and chats…..
- If someone is admiring you and noticing things that you do and say online, he/she is admiring ALL other people in the universe for the ‘very same amazing and unique’ qualities.
- If they say that you look beautiful and are super-intelligent, or that you have a great taste in music or send you pictures of puppies or flowers every morning….you are just one of the many they have targeted …in their mind, you are ‘pathetic, attention seeking and vulnerable’.
- You may confide details about your family , your views, your workplace, your dreams to these people who will use it against you.
- Why are people targeting others? may be a need to manipulate, to be desired…or to get details to figure out your passwords and hack into your bank account, or to stalk your children.
- What should you do? I’m neither very cerebral or worldly wise, but I do know that you should never video chat, editing can cause havoc with what you have said and done. If someone is too involved in your life, tell them about your partner and bore them to death!!! Ask about their parent/ partner/ job….it scares them off really fast.
- There are wonderful people out there, take time to get to know the medium of communication you are using, try to have strictly public interactions and enjoy virtual surfing without drowning and hurting yourself and those you cherish.
- Anything said or done on the internet can never be fully erased…before you do or say something, ask yourself….’Am I willing to share this with the galaxy?’
- Share your passwords with your partner and let the world know you are doing that..works wonders.
Click here if the image slider / comments don't load