If you think you are young and healthy and can not get osteoporosis, think again. Get a DXA scan done today….certain health measures can keep your bones healthier and stronger. All you get is one set of bones, keep them in great condition. What you need is:
- Enough sunlight—about 25 minutes per day, without sunblock. Make sure you are not genetically or environmentally prone to skin cancer. In that case, get Vitamin D supplements.
- Eat enough calcium in your diet.
- Get enough exercise–half an hour a day is fine. Overdoing it can ruin your knees and ligaments. Walk briskly rather than running. Dance to a tune you love instead of aerobics ( only a few can manage to run all their lives, take it up only if you love it).
- Eat well. Stop avoiding dairy and poultry, they are delicious and good for your bones-eat those almonds and egg yolks now, or the fatty fish you crave.
- Avoid smoking COMPLETELY.
- Drink red wine if you must, avoid excess alcohol.
- No fried food, grill or bake or saute instead.
- Drink fortified milk/ juice.
- Do not starve or pine for a size that makes you underweight. Follow the weight/ height chart and maintain a healthy waistline as per recommendations.
- Love, laugh…being happy makes you want to live longer 🙂 The gentlemen in the picture above asked me to click a picture of them while I was chasing birds by the roadside…..I enjoy clicking pictures of humans who want to be clicked…:)
Click here if the image slider / comments don't load