Just because we followed our passion and dreams and try our best to help the ill….does not mean that we are infallible and indestructible …..The large majority of patients I have seen have been wonderful and I am grateful for them. But there are others…..here is what people have said to me over the ages…..
- How can you be Ill???? you’re a doctor!!!!!!
- You are an ophthalmologist…hmmm…..so , I have this pain in my shoulder..!!!!!!
- Why don’t you try herbs for healing cataract??????
- Why were you on leave the last time I came for a consultation???
- There is a Guru who heals by a touch…..
- I just googled my symptoms, now tell me…
- Why did you not ‘make’ your son a doctor???
- I want your opinion on this prescription I got…..
- Just explain what you study in Ophthalmology…..
And so on……
Apart from this, they expect us to be on duty 24/7, 365 days a year, for our whole lives!!!!
We are not supposed to party/ travel/ have a life….
We are supposed to answer ALL phone calls at all times of the day or night….
Click here if the image slider / comments don't load