Summer is fast approaching, most of us work out through the year and sweat. A lot of people have body odour and malodorous underarms, which can be used to repel or act like general anesthesia!!!!!!!!!!please save mankind..and womankind and people like me who take pride in their familial ‘olfactory superpowers’ 🙂
Body odour occurs due to the bacterial growth in a high pH in regions like the underarms, which are sweaty because of the apocrine sweat glands. Bacteria+sweat+high pH= body odour. Please get professional help if any / all of the suggestions here do not work!!!
Antiperspirants and deodorants work wonders…a lot of people are concerned about the toxic effect of chemicals in them….here is the alternative:
What can we do, without the side effects of chemicals??? Here are less expensive, effective and safe methods which work:
- Bathe at least once a day, especially after a workout.
- Change into fresh clothes and underclothes daily, and after bathing.
- Remove hair from armpits.
- Wear linen/ breathable clothes.
After a bath, you can apply to the bathed and dry armpits….either on their own or diluted in water, applied directly or by rubbing a cotton ball soaked in the liquid:
- Fresh lemon juice, rub half a lime under the underarms and allow to dry.
- Baking soda.
- Tomato juice.
- Wheatgrass juice.
- Turnip juice.
- Sandalwood powder.
- White vinegar.
- Rosemary, sage, tea tree oil, witch hazel oil or solutions are more expensive, you can use them if you want.
- Unscented alum…can damage your skin, though a lot of people like to use it.
You can eat less of fried foods and sugar, stop smoking and eat a diet with more fruits and vegetables.
Click here if the image slider / comments don't load